Friday, December 11, 2009

Last Blog...womp womp

Sorry everyone. This is my final blog post. For my Media class we were asked to keep a blog. Every student in the class had to make at least one post per week discussing anything the wanted, well it must have had to do with New Media in some way. This project let the class especially myself know what it's like to keep a blog. I chose one of the most popular blog servers, Blogger. Blogger was created in 1999 as a free service which made them accessable to the general public not just tech savvy (cough cough geeks) because Blogger is not require the knowledge of HTML. I'm definatly not that great with computers. Basically I can open a word document and write some paper for one of my classes. I KNOW, impressive.

Well this project go me more familar with why blogs became so popular. Blogs are often ineractive or linked to other site, which is exactly what my professor had us do. All of our blogs in the class must be linked to each student's blog in hopes that we would interact online as well in class. We were asked to leave comments sharing our oppinons about the post made.

The part of the project of having a blog was being able to write anything I wanted, anything that seemed interested to me. Some lectures in class did not facinate me but when it came to writing my blog post i could always find something which i wanted to talk about. Outside of this class, I was not a big follower of blogs except for one in particular, Perez Hilton's blog. That was the only blog i was familar with seeing that i check it almost five times a day. I love the gossip he puts on his blog and he does it with his own style. New technology has made his blogging even better because he could be at a Hollywood party and snap a photo of how much of a hot mess Lindsey Lohan is and he could post it right from his phone. Perez always keeps me updated on the drama of the lives of celebrities.

When it comes to posting the truth, I will srongly believe ninty percent of the this stories on his blog. Perez always has the inside scoop, which is why his blog is extremely popular.

No comments:

Post a Comment