Thursday, October 1, 2009

The Search-ability of SNS

The search-ability of these social networking sites is amazing. The fact that you can locate anyone through sites like myspace or facebook is so cool. I actually have an instance where the search-ability through facebook helped me find someone whom i've been looking for. So this may seem a bit creepy and i admit it but it really shows how easy it is to trace someone:

so this happened last year, there was cute boy who was in my finance class but i did not know his name. He seemed like a bro or hung out with that kind of crowd. I told my friends about him, pointed him out when i saw him at lunch but my friends didn't know who he was either. My friends and i went through a very complex path to get his name. First i went on the Catholic University (my college) athletic website. I went through all the bro-ish sports to find him or a friend of his. I recognized one of these dudes he might be friends with. So next i got the name of his friend and searched him on facebook. Luckily,that guy did not have a private profile. SO i searched through ALL of his friends until i recognized the cute guy from his profile picture. So i went through all of that on the internet to get this guys name. I told you it was kinda creepy but through the internet i was able to locate information about this guy.


No comments:

Post a Comment